SwyxConnect at/as a DDI (kb3295)
The information in this article applies to:
- SwyxConnect 1724
- SwyxConnect 1723
- SwyxConnect 1722
- SwyxConnect .
This article explains:
- how to use a SwyxConnect at a Direct Dialing In line (from PSTN or Master PBX
- how to use a SwyxConnect as a Direct Dialing In line (for a sub PBX).
Any SwyxConnect can be run at a Direct Dialing In line, or it can act as a Direct Dialing In line for a telecommunication system.
For this, the following settings are necessary:
1. The corresponding ISDN interface must be set corretly on the device:
a) for use at a DDI: TE mode (with cross connector, if necessary ), no termination required
b) for use as a DDI: NT mode (with cross connector, if necessary ), use bus termination
Please switch off power feeding and lifeline support in any case for these interfaces.
2. The correct protocol must be set for the corresponding ISDN interface under "Interfaces ->WAN -> Interface settings":
a) for use at a DDI: DSS1 TE Point-to-Point b) for use as a DDI: DSS1 NT Point-to-Point
3. For the direct dialing in numbers, the mapping needs to be set correctly. You can use the same mapping for several interfaces, which use the settings described under 1. and 2. In this way, you can combine several ISDN interfaces to represent one common DDI.
a) at the DDI under "VoIP Call Manager" --> "Lines" --> ISDN Mapping" for each used interface one mapping for '#' to an internal number "any prefix#". Create one additional entry for the same interface to map "0" to "internal number" (number of digits).
b) as a DDI: under "VoIP Call Manager" --> "Lines" --> ISDN Mapping" for each used interface one mapping for internal number "optional prefix#" to MSN/DDI "#". Create one additional entry for the same interface to map internal number "default number" to "0" (number of digits).
The German and Norwegian forms of the "Direct Dialing In line", which combine the ISDN features Point-to-Point and DDI, are different to the DDIs available in other countries, e.g. Austria (multiple connection with direct dialing-in).